Expunge a Felony Conviction or Suspended Sentence

Don’t let a felony conviction hold you back anymore. We can also help get your felony suspended convictions off of your background check and free you from your past! Your felony suspended conviction may be eligible for expungement but first of all, you will need a pardon. Suspended sentencing is a conviction. When you receive a suspended sentence for a felony, you have been convicted of the crime.

Oklahoma suspended sentences and prison terms for non-violent offenses are “convictions” which may qualify for Oklahoma expungement under Section 18.  Due to a new law (November 1, 2016) changes the time required to wait to seek expungement.

Expungement of A Felony Conviction or Suspended Sentence

If you were convicted of a non-violent felony offense and have received a full pardon from the Governor of Oklahoma, you may be eligible for expungement. You cannot have a misdemeanor or felony conviction in the last 15 years. Finally, have no charges pending, and ten (10) years have passed since the end of the felony conviction, you may be eligible for an expungement.

If you receive an expungement your arrest record will disappear. In job or college applications and other pursuits, you may lawfully state that “this never happened” or you may lawfully omit disclosure of the event. Expungement makes the arrest as if it never happened.

Check here to see if your conviction was for a violent or non-violent felony. If the crime you were convicted of appears on the list, you may not be eligible for expungement. Contact us to find out if your Oklahoma suspended sentence is eligible for expungement.

How Do You Apply For A Pardon In Oklahoma? 

An Oklahoma pardon takes 8 to 10 months to complete and requires you to fill out a 22  page packet. After you submit your packet to the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board, the Board visits your home and then you appear before the Board at a meeting. At the meeting, you have two minutes to explain why you want a pardon and to allow the Board to question you. At the end of the meeting, the Board votes to recommend or deny a recommendation for a pardon. If you receive a recommendation for a pardon, the Governor of Oklahoma either grants or denies the recommendation. If the Board declines to recommend you for a pardon, you can reapply one year after the denial.

How Do I Fill Out The Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board Application Packet?

The pardon packet asks about your personal history, what happened in your criminal case, and other personal information. Our lawyers sit with you one-on-one to draft your pardon application with you. We help explain your story in a way to capture the eye of each Pardon and Parole Board member, as a result, you are easier to remember. Each member of the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board has to read an incredible amount of applications each month, which is why we do everything we can to make your packet easy to read and memorable.  Because the Board reads so many packets, standing out is important.

After the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board receives your application, you will have an in-home visit. If you retain our firm for the second part of the pardon process. We appear with you for the home visit, the meeting, and communicate with the Governor’s Office.

How Much Does An Oklahoma Expungement Cost?

Our firm charges a “flat” fee for most of the 14 different types of expungements. Click to schedule your free consultation and find out the cost of your Oklahoma expungement.

How Much Does A Pardon Cost in Oklahoma?

Furthermore, we charge a flat fee for pardons and can draft your pardon application to help catch the eye of each pardon and parole board member. Our firm works with you to determine if you want us involved in every aspect of the pardon application process or parts. We work with you regarding payment plans to help put a pardon within reach.

Finally, to get started with your expungement and pardon, talk to our expungement lawyers here. We are excited to help you bury your past.

Expunge Your Suspended Conviction in Oklahoma

Expunge your Oklahoma suspended conviction and felony suspended sentence.